Got VODKA? Here are some great household tips...you may think it's a waste, but it works!
1. Erase Window streak: As as alternative to using chemical cleaners, spray glass panes with diluted vodka, then wipe them down with a lint free cloth.
2. Shine Chrome: Put an end to soap scum and hard-water spots by soaking a soft cloth in vodka and wiping it over shiny fixtures.
3. Deodorize Laundry: Spritz undiluted vodka on clothes to help remove musty smells, then hang dry them in a well ventilated area.
4. Remove rust from screws: Leave a weathered screw in vodka for just a few hours, then wipe to get rid of rust.
5. Preserve cut flowers: Save your bouquet by mixing a few drops of vodka with a teaspoon of sugar to inhibit the production of ethylene, which makes flowers wilt.
6. Remove stains from upholstery: Dip a clean cloth in vodka and rub it on fabric to help take out stubborn stains caused by ink, grass, and some foods. ( I tried this one and even somewhat helped with the spots on my carpet, too many spots, need more vodka:-))
7. Kill Weeds: Mix 1ounce of vodka, a few drops of liquid dish soap, and 2 cups of water in a spray bottle. Apply on a sunny day to broad-leaf weeds that grow in direct sunlight; the vodka will help remove the leaves waxy coating, causing them to dry out.
8. Clean mold and mildew: Rid tile and caulk of dark spots by spraying them with vodka. Let sit for up to 30 minutes, scrub with a grout brush or old toothbrush, and rinse thoroughly.
9. Soothe achine muscles: Treat sore muschles with a pack made by pouring equal parts of vodka and water into a resealable bag and freezing it to creae a super cold schushy mix.
10. Stop odors: Boots smelling ripe? Spritz the inside with diluted vodka; let dry. No more odor.