My backyard is full of falling apples right now and my favorite thing to do with sweet apples is to bake a Quick Apple Crisp and serve it up with ice cream.
Here is a recipe for an easy, yet delicious apple crisp.
- 5 Granny Smith Apples (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 package (9 ounces) of yellow cake mix
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream or thawed frozen whipped topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel, core, and slice apples. Cut apples in half. Place apples in a baking dish baker.
- Place butter in bowl and microwave on high for 60 seconds or until melted. Chop nuts. Add nuts, cake mix, sugar and cinnamon to batter bowl; mix until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream, or whipped topping.