Thursday, February 17, 2011

Rainy Day Beauty Tips

Just last week, the sun was shining and the temperature was reaching a glorious 80.

Today, I walked out of the salon and it was POURING. The first thought in my head was “thank goodness I didn’t bother to straighten my hair today.” I know there are ladies out there that understand me when I say that! :)

The rain inspired me to share these rainy day beauty tips with you…

Hair Care
Do not fight the frizz on damp days, embrace it! Wash your hair and follow it with frizz control conditioner. After a good towel dry, comb through the hair with a wide mouth comb or pick. Towel dry the hair again. Squirt a quarter size of frizz control styling mousse into the palm of your hand. Rub it into your hair starting with the roots and work in all over. Pick out your hair again, do not brush! Keep the hair wavy and pretty. Arrange your hair and finish it with a frizz control hair spray.

A Waterproof Face
Use a tinted moisturizer on rainy days as foundation powder can wash away. Use waterproof cream eye shadows, waterproof mascara and eyeliners. Do not use powder blush but instead choose crème blush.

Moisturize Your Body
Protect your skin from rain and humidity. Use a moisturizer on your body before you get dressed. Keep lotion in your desk and purse and use the lotion to shield your body from rain.

Stay dry out there, Californians!

No comments:

Post a Comment